I am Makenna Richardson. I'd prefer, and wish for you to just call me Max. I hail from the bustling city of Atlanta and I created this blog to show you the progress of creating Cesare Borgia, from the video game Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Now, take a good look at this beauty:
Yes, there are so many details and materials I have NEVER used in my entire life. So I bet you think: "Oh god. What in the world has brought you to making this?" You see - I've only made simple things that I whipped out of my ass a week or two, or even days before the convention. I lack patience, yet I try to be a perfectionist. So, what made me want to do this? The love and loyalty to the game. The design is very eye catching; and plus, someone's got to slap all those Ezio cosplayers around and command all those Templar assassins around [refer to the multiplayer characters in Brotherhood].
Anyways, I have been studying, jotting down, taking screen caps, digging and trying to find tutorials on how in the world I will create this handsome, cynical, historical figure into a present day, video game'd version into a costume.
I have found such tutorials [well.. more-so step by steps] like these:
http://propsbyfev.blogspot.com/2009/12/assassins-creed-2-ezios-belt.html
http://volpinprops.blogspot.com/
Both using very similar cast and mold kind of creations. I do not wish to take the route of foam, nor using real metal, but this has been the best, yet time consuming and money draining way, of making a perfectionist wet their pants. Oh and I plan on making a Leonardo da Vinci costume if I have the time to do it for my boyfriend.
So sit back, keep your eyes peeled, and let's get this show on the road. Tomorrow, er, late today, I'm going out to start buying supplies and sketching things out in more detail!
Start date: February 1st, 2011
- Research, doodles, screencaps, tutorials, advice. The boring, yet first step.
Due date: September, but NO LATER than September 30th. If I can get it done before September, then it can premier at Dragon*Con, but I aim for Anime Weekend Atlanta.
- 208 days or 29 weeks and 5 days. Enough time to get pregnant and have a baby - no thanks!
Progress: Mentally? 1% ; production? None.
Money Spent So Far: $0
-Max

No comments:
Post a Comment